Monday, March 9, 2009

5 of Heart

In January 2005, when I was living in Dubai, I was deeply infatuated with a worldly 23-year-old Lebanese woman (my age at the time), and I wrote her these five little poems that I’d send her via text messaging. I just couldn't resist.

OF YOU

A dream of you like risen rainbows,

A dream of you like fallen suns,

A dream of you as soft as petals,

I dream of you and all is one.


NONE COMPARES

A blessed desert that begat flowers,

A lucky dolphin which graced the sky,

The luck of all as to reach the rose in you,

No luck compares to getting close to you.


PASSION-CONQUERED DESPONDENCE

The sky did break and rain did follow,

I looked around and all was hollow,

Your face appeared and took away my sorrow,

Without you there’s no tomorrow.


TRUE INFATUATION

A buried treasure, a pot of gold,

How can one measure the infatuation I hold?

Finding a fortune that can never be sold,

To be with you is a pleasure untold.


TOGETHER

Make you quiver, be still my heart,

Take you away, may we never do part,

Take my hand, and fly with me,

Together as one, across a love soaked sea.



No comments:

Post a Comment